Let Dad know that he means the world to you with this Super Dad Fathers Day Shirt Card! Easy to make and with a free printable template!
Saying that a child’s first super hero is her Dad may sound cliched, but it’s true! Dad is the one person who can solve all problems, do the impossible and in the end, save the day. Now if that isn’t a superhero, who is?
It’s no coincidence then that Superman Day and Father’s Day are in the same week. Seems like the perfect opportunity to let Dad know that he’s our superhero, no matter how old we may get.
And what’s the best way to do that? A handmade Father’s Day card, of course! And we’ve got the perfect one – a Super Dad Father’s Day shirt card, complete with buttons that open up to show the world that this man is the real hero!Super Dad Fathers Day Shirt Card
**As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through this site. Thank you!
List of supplies: How to make the Super Dad Fathers Day Shirt Card:
1. Start out by folding the patterned card into half, then unfold it so you have a crease down the middle.
2. Turn over the card and fold the two edges inward so they meet at the crease formed in step 1.
3. Print out the Super Dad template and cut it out. You can choose from the colored version or the black and white version.
4. Stick a T-shape strip of craft paper in the center of the top edge of the card, as shown in the image below:
5. Stick the Super Dad template in the center flap of the card, so that it rests right under the blue collar.
6. Fold two ends of the collar downward.
7. Fold the two open ends of the card inward and cut out a V shape from the middle. Make sure the collar ends are on the outside.At
8. Attach the buttons on the left side of the folded card. Be careful so that you don’t seal the whole card together!
9. Cut out small rectangles from the same patterned card and attach to the sides to make sleeves.
Your Super Dad Father’s Day shirt card is ready!
Make this card feel more personal by using a card pattern that resembles the kind of shirt Dad usually wears. Pair this with a useful gift for Dad that the kids can make themselves. Plan some fun activities and let Dad have a blast on his special day!