Meethi Seviyan/ Sweet Vermicelli is a delicious Indian dessert made with seviyan (whole wheat vermicelli), ghee, milk, dry fruits and sugar. In this recipe i have replaced refined sugar with jaggery powder. Meethi Seviyan is usually served on special occasions and during festivals like Eid.
This recipe is very simple and you do not need to make any syrup. Just roast the vermicelli and dry fruits in ghee. Cook it in milk. Add jaggery powder, cook for few more minutes and you are done. Meethi Seviyan is basically a dry version of vermicelli pudding. This dessert is flavored with cardamom and nutmeg powder. There are many variations to this dish. You may skip milk entirely and cook the vermicelli in water and then add jaggery syrup to it. Some recipes call for use of condensed milk, others add khoya or milk powder to the milk cooked seviyan to make it all the more rich and delectable. Here we have added chopped almonds, pistachio and cashew nuts along with raisins. You may add nuts of your choice. If serving to small babies, you may choose to add dry fruits powder instead of chopped nuts to avoid choking hazards. The ratio of vermicelli to milk is 1:2. You can easily double or halve the recipe as per your need.Meethi Seviyan/ Sweet Vermicelli Ingredients:
Measurements Used 1 cup = 240 ml
Wondering how to get organic jaggery? Don’t worry, we’ll deliver it straight to your doorstep.Method:
1. Heat a pan. Roast the vermicelli in ghee for 2-3 minutes while stirring continuously.
2. Add chopped nuts and raisins and roast for another 1 minute.
3. Add boiled milk and keep cooking the roasted vermicelli on low flame until it is soft and well cooked.
4. Once all the milk has been absorbed, add jaggery powder and stir it well. Cook the semiyan further for 4-5 minutes.
5. Lastly add the cardamom and nutmeg powder. Give a good stir and put off the flame.
6. Garnish the meethi semiyan with slivered pistachios and almonds and serve in individual bowls warm or cold.
This sweet dish can be made at home with ease. It takes just 20 minutes to make this dessert from scratch. Serve it as a healthy festival dessert or a scrumptious breakfast or an after dinner dessert, you are going to love this dish 🙂
Wondering how to get Dry fruits powder ? Don’t worry, we’ll send it to you! We prepare it fresh as soon as you place your order and deliver it straight to your doorstep.